Siborg is updating their LCR-Reader-MP after a year on the market. The new LCR-Reader-MPA is their most advanced multifunctional device yet. MPA offers a 0.1% basic accuracy and long list of features.
The main difference between the old MP and the new MPA is the design. The new model is more compact and nearly 1.5 times lighter than the MP. The tweezers stability was improved with more rigid tweezer handles. The screen is slightly smaller but is now available in grey or black, providing high contrast in all lighting conditions. The jog-dial navigation was replaced with a 4-way joystick which drastically changes the functionality; users can change basic test parameters, such as measurement mode, test frequency, etc., from the main display without entering menus. The device now offers 3 test signal levels: 0.1, 0.5 and 1.0 Vrms; the latter is most important for accurately testing ceramic capacitors. The Slide switch for voltage measurements was removed and replaced with an automatic relay switch. LED test voltage was increased to 3.2 Volts. The signal source resistance is reduced to 100 Ohms allowing better accuracy while testing smaller resistances, inductances and larger capacitances.
Features on LCR-Reader-MPA:
- Fully automatic and manual LCR, ESR, LED/Diode measurements
- 0.1% Basic accuracy
- AC/DC Voltage measurements up to 15 V
- AC/DC Current measurements
- Automatic and manual Test Frequency including 100, 120 Hz, 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 and 100 kHz
- Test signal levels 0.1, 0.5, 1.0 Vrms
- Easy open/short calibration and offset removal
- Oscilloscope transient voltage up to 100 kHz
- Signal Generator with Sine wave up to 100 kHz
- Handles components to a 0201 size (0.3 mm)
- Automatic Test Signal Reduction to 0.1 V for in-circuit measurements
- Displays active and reactive impedance components
- Li-Ion battery and micro-USB charging port
- 1 oz. weight
- Backlit LCD display in grey or black
- Gold-plated test leads
LCR-Reader-MPA offers the widest range of features and highest basic accuracy of all LCR-Reader and Smart Tweezers devices. The MPA is able to quickly determine the types of components and best test parameters before measuring with 0.1% basic accuracy. One of the main features on MPA is the ability to test using a 100 kHz test frequency, which allows for a 0.001 pF resolution for capacitance and 0.1 nH for inductance measurements.
MPA also offers an oscilloscope mode that shows voltage waveforms on active circuit boards on an analog graph. When used with the Kelvin Probe Connector kit, the device becomes a probe station allowing to test waveforms at various nodes on a PCB.
LCR-Reader-MPA is available in the LCR-Reader Store, and on Amazon sales channels in North America and Europe.